With Funeral Plans being a necessity to afford a good funeral for yourself or your immediate family, most financial services companies offer basic and inexpensive funeral plans for South African citizens.
Standard Bank offers funeral plans from as little as R40 per month premiums, for a funeral payout of R10 000. This makes it one of the lowest premiums for a funeral insurance in South Africa, with a 48 hours payment on a valid claim (certificate of death, relevant documents, and forms filled in correctly). The offer currently only is available to Standard Bank customers.
Standard Bank offers benefits similar to other insurers, they offer day-to-day, HIV and funeral benefits, as such they offer:
- Access to emergency medical treatment and transport
- Access to a comprehensive network of Doctors, Optometrists, and Dentists
- Access to psychological counseling in the event of a death
- Access to a 24-hour HIV/Aids Helpline
- Help with post and pre HIV testing counseling and guidance
- Medical assistance on accidental HIV exposure
- Six months free cover following the death of the main policyholder
- Assistance with burial arrangements
- Trauma Counselling for the bereaved
- Discounted rates from partner funeral parlours as well as from Netflorist and SA Florist
- Medical coupons
So, what are the Standard Bank Funeral plans?
- Premium: R40 pm; R10 000 cash payout, R3 000 Memorial benefit
- Premium: R95 pm; R30 000 cash payout, R5 000 Memorial benefit
- Premium: R130 pm; R50 000 cash payout, R5 000 Memorial benefit